I spend the first few weeks of the semester feeling So! Excited! and Enthusiastic! And then grind of waking up pre-dawn, dealing with repetitive questions from students (all well meaning, I know), and the realities of grading pull me down to reality. It’s Week 5 of the semester, and there are a total of 16 weeks (although about 2 of those weeks are holidays), so I am not quite halfway, but I am getting a bit worn down. I recently realized that I need to quit running (for now) because my pelvic girdle pain has gotten really bad. Like I can barely stand up after running bad. I’ll still figure out ways to exercise regularly (like our nice 5 mile walk yesterday), but it’s still a bummer. So rather than bum out about the inevitable, here’s a list of things to be happy about.
1. This lentil soup (from Deborah Madison’s Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone) is my latest food obsession. I am going to make a double batch tomorrow. Somehow, Blokey and I are able to inhale that pound of beans in two days.
2. La Leche League is now meeting in my neighborhood. (Though not regularly enough to be listed on the link). So cool.
3. Rebecca’s new addition!
4. Weather that strongly suggests hints of spring
5. My girl J-Law and her Oscar win! (She is my totally age-inappropriate girl crush).
6. Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogan in the new series of Arrested Development? Only two more months now…
And because I think blogs need pics, here an awesome pic of the AD cast, just because
Anyone else need some perking up? Mental/emotional caffeine? Hope you’re having a lovely Monday.